AUSTRALIA'S SIGNIFICANT INVESTOR VISA PROGRAM (subclass 188C) SIV
What is the Australian SIV?
SIGNIFICANT INVESTOR VISA (subclass 188C);
AUD $5M INVESTMENT
The Significant Investor Visa (sublcass 188C) or SIV is a regulated Australian Government pathway for Immigration and Permanent Residency into Australia.
SIV is available to International applicants whom satisfy the eligibility criteria below;
- Must have net assets of at least AUD $5 million dollars
- Pass the Australian Government character and health checks
- And, are willing to invest a minimum AUD $5 million into complying investment funds for a period of up to 5 years
WE MANAGE THE ENTIRE SIV PROCESS FOR YOU
Kakadu Capital is a division of LCI Partners, with over 30 years experience in helping business, families, and high net worth individuals manage their affairs.
We help manage the entire end to end process of the SIV - Significant Investor Visa pathway and can provide on demand Specialists to manage all aspects of the process seamlessly.
Kakadu Capital provides you a turn-key specialist one-stop solution with in-house access to Accountants, Lawyers, Migration Agents, Financial Advisors, Consultants and more.
All your services from the one advisory group
Complying Investment Framework (CIF)
It is a Government requirement and mandatory part of the SIV Visa that you have at least $5 million invested into complying funds, for a period of at least 5 years, or until Permanent Residency (PR) is granted. An outline of the complying investment framework or CIF is below. Kakadu Capital is able to assist you with the investment of funds into complying investments and ongoing management.
What does CIF look like?
VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY
• Mandatory investment of at least 20% or AUD $1m minimum
• Must be Australian Government registered:
- Venture Capital Limited Partnership (VCLP) or;
- Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership (ESVCLP) or;
- Australian Funds of Funds (AFOF).
• Only invest in companies < A$250m enterprise value
• No property and development or land ownership, finance, insurance,
construction or passive investments
Emerging Companies (30%)
EMERGING COMPANIES / SMALL CAPS
• Mandatory investment of at least 30% or AUD $1.5m minimum
• Market capitalisations < $500m
• ASX listed and unlisted companies (max 20%)
• Max.10% of the fund in foreign listed companies
• Max 30% in companies who have grown their market cap >$500m
• Min. of 20 investee companies within 3 months
• No single investment that is >10% of net assets
Balancing Investments (50%)
• Max. 50% of investment or AUD $2.5m
• Can include funds investing in:
- Commercial property
- ASX listed Equities
- Corporate Bonds
• Restriction on cash (Max. 20%) and residential real estate
Australian State-Based SIV Requirements
You are required to nominate a state where you wish to live, and each state have their own specific SIV based eligibility criteria you must adhere to. Kakadu Capital can help you with the whole process, including compliance with the state-based requirements, the investment of funds into complying investments, ongoing management, and other visa requirements.
We will explain and answer any questions you may have, and ensure you meet the requirements.
HELPING BRING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO AUSTRALIA
Moving to a new country can be exciting but with it also some challenges.
At KC we make the visa process as seamless as possible so you can concentrate on other aspects of your move.
Beyond the SIV compliance, our team of experts are always at hand to help, and we provide access to products and services you may require from time to time.
We know this is just the beginning,
and our team of experts are always at hand to assist you and your family’s financial and business needs, both in getting to Australia, and also once you are established here and decide to call Australia home.
Why choose KAKADU CAPITAL?
Single Stop Solution for SIV
Kakadu Capital offers all the advisory services you, your family and business need and collaborates to give you better outcomes.
Proactive Service Providers
Our professional team will manage your SIV process from initial consultation to ongoing compliance and beyond.
Reputation and History
LCI have been helping their High Net Worth clients across Australia to grow and protect their wealth without stress for over 30 years.
Experienced, Knowledgeable Team
We only hire the best and invest in professional development and our networks, so we can help our clients to achieve so much more.
We get to know you and see ourselves as your partner in long term financial security and success, before you arrive, and once you call Australia home.
Trustworthy & Dependable
We care about your results and are excited to play a role in managing the SIV process for you and be a part of your wealth-building success story for years to come.